Thursday 21 February 2013

Rotterdam tattoo convention...


Ok so Sacred Ink™ tattoo studio’s next tattoo convention is in Rotterdam. It's at ahoy Rotterdam on the 9th and 10th of March 2013, the 10th Being on Mother’s day which I totally forgot about :(

Sorry Mum I’ll make it up to you when I’m back x

I will be driving to Rotterdam again. Door to door time wise it takes 5 hours, it takes longer to fly to Holland than to drive. 7 hours flying 5 hours driving, work that one out! Again that’s door to door.


Get on at Folkestone on the Euro-tunnel then out the other end at Calais for a 3.5 hour drive doing speeds of up to 130Ks an hour, and legally ;) They seem a bit more relaxed in Europe about the speed limits than this nut house. Last year was a busy event. I did some lovely tattoos. I’m hoping to do some more again at this year event. Maybe I’ll get a spare hour to take a break have a beer and maybe put one in a competition. Who knows let see what happens. One of my Dutch regulars John Smit, who I done a tattoo for of Iron Maiden’s Eddie at the Utrecht Tattoo convention will be making it to the show this year as he has put in a request for me to draw up something for him and his missus. The tattoos that I recall doing last year are some praying hands on some American dude and then a flower on some sweet looking Dutch chick who is hopefully there again this year.

On the Sunday I did a load of black and grey tattoos which I seem to get asked to do a lot of. 2 days of solid tattooing and a night of partying with a bunch of tattooists. We were all put on a boat which chugged around Rotterdam, and it was all you could eat and drink which was a nice touch.
So yeah, a good and busy time was had and I’m looking forward to this year’s convention. Though not the lonely five hour drive back to the motherland via a Belgium car park due my wanky satnav…

More updates soon.




















Eddie done at the Utrecht show 

No comments:

Post a Comment